My List Of Loved Books

   Hi! I'm back! Today I am showing you some of my favorite books! Here are some books in categories by theme...

First up I have some autobiographies

  1. SmileSmile is a graphic novel about the author's life. The author of Smile is Raina Telgemeier. The story of Smile takes place when Raina is in middle school and she seriously damages her front teeth. The rest of the book is about how she copes. Some of her adventures are humorous and will have you laughing out loud!
  2. Sisters: Tells more of Raina's story when she's about to graduate from middle school. The main idea is that Raina and her sister Amara are struggling to be kind to each other. They need to learn to put their differences aside so they can help put their family together. 
  3. Guts: Takes place when Raina is in 4th and 5th grade and she struggles with stomach problems starting one night near the end of 4th grade. She has to overcome a fear and she goes to therapy.  She often confesses to her therapist things that she can't confess to others. Some of her therapy stories are hilarious.
  4. El Deafo is one of my favorite books. It tells the story of Cece Bell as a young girl who is deaf because she had meningitis when she was four. In the book Cece faces some humorous challenges.
Next is Nonfiction 
  1. Share Your Smile: Raina Telgemeier wrote this book to help kids share their voices and write books and graphic novels. She even gives you paper to draft your own story!
  2. First Aid, Responding to Emergencies: I love this book by the American Red Cross because it has a lot of things that I am passionate about. It is filled with lot of medical details about diseases and emergencies. 
  3. The Confidence Code for Girls: This book is special because helps girls find confidence in the world. It has true stories of girls having confidence and being brave. Every girl who feels afraid should read this and also if they are really afraid they should also read Guts!
On to fiction!
  • The Baby Sitters Club: I love the graphic novels and the original books because the girls have many humorous adventures together. 
  • Harry Potter: My favorite Harry Potter book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I like these books because they are about a young wizard who faces challenges with his friends Ron and Hermione. He finds lots of challenges in the wizarding world fighting their enemy. 
Finally, new classics! 
  • Anne of Green Gables: The graphic novel tells the story of a young girl named Anne. I like Anne because she's a bookworm and she often makes funny mistakes with her friend Diana. 
  • Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy: Is a story based on Little Women. My favorite character is Beth or Jo. Beth loves music and Jo is a bookworm. 
I hope you check out some of these books because I can truly not live without some of them! 


Comments

  1. I love these books as well, Cora! It looks like you really like realistic fiction! Have you read 5 Worlds: The Sand Warrior? It's a really beautiful fantasy graphic novel. It kind of reminds me of Cleopatra in Space but I think it is drawn much more artistically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cora! I LOVE to read. I loved the Babysitters Club books and always thought I was probably a Kristy but wanted the fashions of Stacy. My other favorites when I was about your age were Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. I still reread The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin pretty regularly. What I liked about all of these books is that the writer built a world you got to live in for a while. Now that I am a grown up, my favorite books still have that quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your book recommendations! I can't wait to check out a few to read with Dylan and Alaina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so glad you love to read. Me too! It’s the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. For this interesting list, Cora! Since I grew up in Germany my book memories are so different from the ones that you are reading and I like to learn from you. But I thought I could recommend some books from my childhood. I checked if they are available in English, and they are!
    The first one is “Momo”, written by Michael Ende. You might know “The Never Ending Story”, it is from the same author. Look it up, you might like it. It is about a brave girl, like you. The other author I really like is Erich Kästner: He wrote a story called “Emil and the Detectives” but had also some others but I am not sure if they are available in English. And my absolute favorite was “Ronia, the Robber’s Daughter” written by Astrid Lindgren (the one who also wrote Pippi Longstocking). Another brave girl story I could imagine you like. You just inspired me to actually find these books and read them with Luca and Nico. Should i find them I can borrow them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cora! I love reading these books too! I tried El Deafo and it was A-MAZING! Try reading Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and Trials of Apollo! :)
    Stay Safe,
    Rupsha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vote!

The You Matter Project (Bronze Award)

My Vacation