My Vacation

                                                     My Vacation

  Day 1: Booooo driving day... But we got to swim in a lake! We drove all the way to Big Springs RV Park.
    
              Day 2: We drove some more until we got to Santa Fe Skies. That same night we got to see my Uncle Matt and Aunt Muriel (who is a viewer on this blog! Hi Aunt Muriel!). We also got to go to Roswell, New Mexico where people believe aliens are real! Can you believe it! But I also got to go into my first store since MARCH! Cool right! Next is day 3...

             Day 3: Hiking day! That morning me, Mommy, Daddy, Josie, Uncle Matt, and Aunt Muriel went hiking, and you will not believe what we saw... We got to see the PETROGLYPHS! Petroglyphs are ancient messages carved in to the stones. They were made to transport important messages through the Native Americans who were some of the first people to live there. Anyway, when we started hiking I got really nervous because I thought I would fall down, down, down. Though once we had hiked halfway up the mountain I gained confidence and forgot about falling down and once we hiked down the mountain I wanted to hike more! So then me and Uncle Matt hiked up and down... another mountain! We went to Uncle Matt's house for lunch and we stayed there all afternoon and even took their dogs on a walk! When we finally returned at Santa Fe Skies I was thinking this "I will never forget this day! It was so much fun!"


                    
                     Day 4: Drive, drive, drive. We drove even more. But on the flip side we got to Palo Duro  Canyon State Park which is the second deepest canyon in the USA (and the most beautiful place I have ever been to). I loved Palo Duro Canyon!


 Day 5: We stayed at Palo Duro Canyon and went hiking once more! First my whole family went hiking, and then me and mommy went hiking just me and her. (I spent part of the day on rocks looking at the canyon) :)


                     Day 6: UGH! More driving! This time I rode in the car for 6 HOURS >_<! It didn't completely stink though. Thanks to the Babysitters Club I read almost the entire time! (not very surprising considering that it was me with new books) We drove all the way to Lake Whitney State Park.


                     Day 7: Guess what! I swam in Lake Whitney... ALL DAY! There was also a lot of screaming not me of course, I had a good day. Okay I'll go back to the swimming. So that morning me and daddy went down to our private part of the lake that the campsite apparently had, and we swam in it! We swam all the way until lunch time! 😁 After lunch we went fishing and I caught my first ever fish! It was a nice big catfish and we let it go. We caught two others. After we fished we swam some more and then we went inside and went to sleep. I was EXHAUSTED. I said goodnight and fell asleep.                                                 


                     Day 8: This morning started pretty much the same way as Day 7 did. We went swimming. We also did some fishing. We didn't catch anything but we had a lot of fun trying and I also burried a rock under a lot of other rocks. After lunch we drove an hour long trip to Dinosaur Valley. It was around 4:00 when we got there. We got to walk by dinosaur footprints and we saw little minnows! They were so cute. And we got all wet hiking in the river! Then we had to leave because otherwise we would get shut in the park without our camper and we would have to sleep in the car because the park was closing. 

                        
              


                    
       Day 9: We drove the 4 hours home from Lake Whitney.

        

                 I had a lot of fun swimming, hiking, and playing! You should go on a trip like this soon or after quarantine okay? 
 
                                                               Bye!
                                                                   - Cora

 
                   PS I did not write all of this in one day I wrote it in three days. In other words "3 days".

Comments

  1. Wow! Cora! This sounds like the most amazing camping trip, eeeevvverrr!!!! I wish we could have come to Lake Whitney with you! All the swimming and fishing and the dinosaur park would have been something we all liked! Amazing writing skills, btw.! Just by reading I can feel the joy and fun you had! I also love hiking! Being on top of a mountain for me feels like as if the entire world lays in front of me and I can conquer it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora you are a great writer. I can hear your voice in every word. Hiking is the best! Maybe we can hike together some time. We had fun on our driving vacation too, but we didn’t go fishing. It’s pretty awesome that you caught your first fish this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you tried hiking even though you were scared at first. This inspires me to want to try something today that scares me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you have me wanting to go on a trip now! It would be so nice to get away from all the pandemic stuff and just enjoy the beauty and quiet of nature with my family.

    Thanks for explaining what Petroglyphs are, I never heard of them before.

    I hope you'll write soon about your experiences with virtual school. The kids start their virtual school in September and I'm curious how it's going for you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vote!

The You Matter Project (Bronze Award)